In case of changes to the current anti-covid provisions, times and openings may change. Find any official communications on our social pages
In 1953, Romeo, Amelia and his son Mario inaugurated this restaurant in Via Rosina, in the historic district of San Lorenzo. The oak ceiling coffer, still visible today in the inside, dates back to the mid-sixteenth century and belonged to the old stables of Palazzo del Gattamelata, now Palazzo Alessandri. Initially the store was a wine shop, in which the workers of the nearby Mercato Centrale met: porters, butchers, greengrocers. In 1957, after Mario's wedding, the shop became a Trattoria with table service and traditional hot dishes prepared with passion in a small kitchen, such as bean and vegetable soup, trippa alla fiorentina, tomato soup, pork loin, stewed meat and salted codfish. Trattoria Mario is today a meeting point for students and tourists from all over the world, and every day (thanks to the passion handed down from Mario and Elena to their children Romeo, Fabio and the rest of the family) makes the clients enjoy the flavours of Florentine tradition.